Events & Scheduling
The Marriott Library provides the University community with a variety of spaces for individual and collaborative research, study, and instruction. The Gould Auditorium is an event space suitable for large gatherings. Katherine's Courtyard is an indoor/outdoor study, relaxation, performance, exhibition, and event space. University affiliates may advertise and use a table space inside the library. Table spaces are in the lobbies of the entrances on the 1st and 3rd floors. The 1705 Suite may be reserved for a University of Utah Faculty member or University Department for a faculty focused event. The library also has 18 classrooms available for reservation. Six of the classrooms are reserved through the Office of the Registrar – Academic & Event Scheduling, while the other 12 can be reserved through the library Events & Scheduling team. There are also 31 study rooms that are available for reservation by University students.
Current University of Utah students, faculty, and staff may request use of library resources, services, and facilities. Public visitors may use the reservable rooms/spaces only as participants in University or library-sponsored activities.
While using a room/space:
- All library policies must be followed while using the reserved spaces.
- Food/drinks are allowed in all areas of the library on levels 1, 2, and 3. If you spill something, please notify a library employee immediately so that we can clean it up quickly. Wipes are provided on levels 1, 2, and 3 to clean tables.
- We ask that you not move the furniture provided by the library in all reservable rooms/spaces, except in 1140 and the 1705 Suite where the furniture is on wheels and self-service. Furniture should be left in good order when a reservation has come to an end.
Library spaces that are scheduled through the Office of the Registrar – Academic & Event Scheduling include:
- MLIB 1130, 1150, 1160, 1715, 1725 & 1735
- Marriott Library East & West Plaza
For more information, please refer to the tabs on the upper left side of this page. There is a request form for each space. You may view the calendar of the rooms by logging into our scheduling system. Please contact the Events & Scheduling Manager with any questions.
Events & Scheduling Manager