In coordination with the Office of Research and Technology & Venture Commercialization, honorees will be selected whom have secured V8 Technology status and have secured commercial and intellectual property rights related to innovative research and enterprise.
Selection Considerations may include:
- Number of products (based on University technology) to market – Defined by first sales
- Total amount of funds invested in Company (non-grant funding, not to include internal/UofU funding)
- Number of US patents issued
- Significant impact on research and society
- Number of technologies licensed
- Number of companies started based on Technology
- Number of FT employee's employed at University startup licensing technology
- Other indicators of impact (positive effect of technologies)
- Faculty member is the Lead Inventor
- V8 Technology status was obtained (Technology is licensed)
- Legally recognized property right was secured
- Must have been employed full-time by the University of Utah in 2017
- Must currently hold any tenure-line or career-line faculty rank or status
- May currently work in any department
Selections must be received by Monday, February 5, 2018.
If you have questions about your inclusion in the list of honorees, please send an email to Abbeylin Farnsworth.