Borrowing and Renewals
Renew, Recall, and Initiate Search for Missing Items
Who can borrow library materials?
FREE library cards are issued to the following:
- U of U students, staff and faculty with a valid UCard
- Faculty spouses and domestic partners *
- Emeritus Faculty (5-112: Retirement)
- UALC and GWLA members with proof of current registration
- Visiting professors (Policy 6-317: Visiting Scholars)
- Proxy borrowers (Faculty assistants)
- Government/ Research Park employees (5 free per agency)*
- University Retirees who have gone through Full Retirement according to (Policy 5-112: Retirement)
*University Retiree card must be present to verify
Individuals not currently affiliated with the University of Utah may purchase a borrowers card for a small fee:
- Off Campus borrowers - $100.00 per year
- University of Utah Alumni Associate Members with current ID card - $75.00 per year
- Library Permit cards may be purchased at the Reserve/Cashier desk on level 2 of the library
- A Library Permit allows a maximum of 40 checkouts at one time
- A Library Permit allows a maximum of 4 renewals per item
- Library Permit patrons are not eligible for holds or recalls
- Library Permit patrons are not eligible for Interlibrary Loan
- Library Permit patrons may place Automated Retrieval Center requests at any service desk
- Due to the agreements the Marriott Library has with producers and publishers, most of the databases, online journals and electronic books offered by the Library are only available to University of Utah students and employees. Individuals who are not registered students or employed by the University may secure access to some electronic resources if using a Library computer when physically present in the building.
*Cards issued to faculty spouses, domestic partners and Government/ Research Park employees are valid at the J. Willard Marriott Library only.
Loan Periods for All Materials
Circulating library materials may be checked out at the West Entrance, Level 1 or the East Entrance, Level 3 or at the Reserve/Cashier & Library Store Desk, Level 2. Microforms, some items from the Fine Arts & Architecture Library and items from Special Collections do not circulate. If you have a question about the circulation period for a particular item check the library catalog or any service desk.
Most books, journals, documents and bound materials circulate for 60 days to University of Utah faculty, students, staff and Library Permit holders
Please be aware that when materials are recalled the loan will be shortened to 14 days. The new due date will be noted on the recall notice sent to your email. Items may be recalled at any time so items should be returned prior to travel.
Overdue Fees & Fines
Books, Documents and Multimedia Material
Lost item charges 30 days past due
Patrons are charged $1.00 per hour up to $50.00 per item
Lost charges 30 days past due
Patrons are charged $1.00 per hour up to $50.00 per item.
Lost charges 30 days past due
Requested items may be charged additional billing fees
Recalled by another library user
Patrons are charged $1.00 per day up to $25.00.
Lost charges 30 days past recall due date
Lost Item Charges
If an item is more than 30 days overdue, it is considered "lost." Replacement fees for lost items are as follows:
- Current cost to replace the item
- $25 Processing Fee
Alternately, you may purchase a replacement copy if it is in good condition and the same edition as the lost copy. Replacement charges will be waived and processing fees reduced if you choose this option.
If the item is returned after 30 days, only the processing fee will apply.
Fines and replacement fees can be paid at the Level 2 Reserve Desk or over the phone at (801)581-8203.
- You are responsible for all materials checked out on your ID and any fees or damages incurred until the item is returned.
- ID cards and responsibility are not transferable, do not loan your ID or borrowed items to others. Also, do not depend on others to return items for you.
- Report a stolen or lost ID immediately to the University ID bureau 801-581-CARD. Also, report it to the Marriott Library Circulation Department 801-581-8203.
- It is the responsibility of the borrower to note the time or date that their materials are due. Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy. Failure to receive these notices does not remove the borrower's obligation to return material by the due date, nor does it constitute grounds for reducing a borrower's fines.
- Please be aware that when materials are recalled the loan will be shortened. The new due date is noted on the recall notice. Items may be recalled at any time, and thus it is recommended that items should be returned prior to travel.
- If you receive overdue notices for materials that you believe have been returned, contact the library specified on the notice or the Marriott Library Circulation Department. 801-581-8203.