Book Arts Program
The covers of a book enclose worlds constructed of text and image. To open a book is to expose the intimate details of story, experience and idea. Part of the J. Willard Marriott Library since 1995, the Book Arts Program champions wide-ranging explorations of the book. In our fully equipped studio, bookbinders, printers, and book artists utilize type, letterpress, photo engravings and bookbinding equipment as they combine traditional techniques with modern aesthetics and technology.
The Book Arts Program promotes involvement with the art of the book by facilitating:
- Academic designations of Minor and Certificate in Book Arts and MFA in Creative Writing & Book Arts which are supported by classes exploring letterpress printing, bookbinding, artists' books, and typography
- Community Programming for adults and the K-12 community of learners and educators
- Exhibitions that celebrate and explore both the traditional and innovative arts of the book
- Studio access for those who have completed foundation courses
Drop-in Session: Relief Printing on Fabric with guest artist Claire Taylor
Saturday, February 18, 1-5pm
Free and no registration necessary—just drop by!
- Monday: 12:40pm – 9pm
- Tuesday: 10am – 4pm / 6:30pm – 9pm
- Wednesday: 12:40pm – 9pm
- Thursday: 10am – 4pm / 6:30pm – 9pm
- Friday: 10am – 5pm
- Saturday: 10am – 5pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
Click here for complete hours including studio closures and holidays.