Graduate Reading Room
The Graduate Reading Room is a quiet study space available to any registered graduate student at the University of Utah.
- We welcome you to use the Graduate Reading Room all hours the library is open. Library hours are posted at both entrances and on the Hours page
- Library Operations & Protection Services will conduct periodic walk-throughs for your safety.
- The room has a maximum occupancy of 45.
- Locker rentals are available on a semester by semester basis for a charge of $25.00 plus tax, at the Library Information Desk on Level 1.
- Library Operations & Protection Services will conduct weekly sweeps of lockers to check for library items that have not been checked-out or are non-circulating. For the benefit of all patrons, items that are not checked out will be removed and returned to the shelf.
- Patrons may not leave library materials unattended in the room. Items that are not checked out or are non-circulating will be returned to the shelf.
- By student request, the Graduate Reading Room is quiet study only.
- Graduate students may not let other library patrons into the room.
- Food and drinks are allowed in the room. Please dispose of all food debris appropriately. Report any spills to Library Operations & Protection Services.
- Please do not bring electric appliances into the reading room.
- Registered graduate students will be automatically added to the door clearance at the start of each semester. If your access is not working, please ask for assistance at either entrance.
- Access to the Graduate Reading Room will be for the academic school year.