Flag Book Demo
1. Fold the long piece of white paper in half. Unfold, and fold each edge in towards the center fold you
just made, lining up the corners and edges as you do. Unfold again, and turn your paper over so all three
peaks are pointing up.
2. With the peaks facing up, fold each of the four sections you just made in half.
They will stack on top of each other forming an eight panel accordion. Unfold accordion.
3. Fold both sheets of green paper in half. These will be your covers.
4. Put a perimeter of glue around the inside of both covers.
Pinch one cover over each outside panel of the accordion, and press down.
5. You have three images with a dotted line printed through the middle.
Cut each image in half along the dotted line.
6. Position the flags along the accordion spine. Place top halves along the upper right side of each
accordion fold and the bottom halves along the lower left side. Glue the flags in place. Make sure the
flag sits inside the fold and not on top of it. This will ensure that your book opens and closes properly.
7. Once you have glued all 6 flags, you are finished!
Try bending and flexing your book as you open and close it to see the swimmer in motion.