Laptop & Tablet Checkout
The following devices are available to students for 4 hour checkout at the Student Computing Services (SCS) desk on Level 2 of the Marriott Library:
- Nexus 7 Android tablets
- 14" Lenovo Thinkpad T430's and L440's
- 13" MacBook Pros
- iPad 2's
In order to borrow an item, you must agree to the following terms:
- I accept full responsibility for the device I borrow. I will reimburse the University of Utah for the cost of repairing or replacing the device or accessories if they are damaged, lost, or stolen while checked out in my name.
- I agree to inspect the device for obvious defects at time of checkout and to immediately report any issues to Computing & Media Services.
- I understand that I can borrow a single item per day for a period of 4 hours and that fines will be enforced at $1 per hour late.
- I agree to remove my personal files and information from the device before returning it.
iPad 2 Details
The Apple iPad 2's each have Wi-Fi, 1 GHz dual-core Apple A5 processor, 16 GB of flash memory, multitouch glossy LED-backlit IPS display (1024x768, 132 ppi), accelerometer, three-axis gyroscope, ambient light sensor, digital compass, speakers, and built-in mic.
The iPad 2's are charged and imaged using a Griffin MultiDock, which allows charging and imaging 10 iPads simultaneously and quickly.
For imaging, we are using Apple Configurator, which allows configuring multiple devices simultaneously, updating to the latest version of iOS, creating and restoring a backup of settings and app data from one device to another device, and enrolling devices with your Mobile Device Management solution for remote management, etc.
For remote management, we are are using Absolute Manage MDM, which allows mobile application, security, change, and configuration management, asset inventory, and more.