- Knowledge Commons
Podcasting has become one of the most powerful tools for providing access to educational content regardless of time or place. Apple's Podcast Producer software is designed to help you from beginning to end in creating sophisticated podcasts of classroom lectures and presentations. Podcast Producer has an intuitive interface for creating podcasts using screen, video, and audio recording, or upload existing video, audio, and class materials in formats like PDF, Microsoft Office, etc.
Podcast Producer allows an instructor to:
- Record and upload presentations to multiple destinations like UIT, iTunes U, YouTube, Facebook or any campus server with the press of a button.
- Upload file from their computer to be shared with students, staff or faculty.
- Capture presentation slides and demonstrations on their computer screen.
What is the benefit to creating/receiving a podcast of my classes?
Flexibility for the audience and the instructor. Podcasts allow students to play a lecture multiple times to maximize retention. They allow instructors to easily set up remote learning and to distribute digital copies of handouts to students, leading to no more "I've lost this paper, could you make me another copy?"
What does Podcast Producer do that makes podcasting so much easier?
Podcast Producer takes what was once a taxing experience and makes it simple enough that anyone can produce a professional audio or video presentation. All that is required is a few clicks from beginning to end.
What classrooms is Podcast Producer available in?
Podcast Producer is available in specific classrooms:
- Marriott Library: 1008, 1009, 1110, 1120, 1130, 1150, 1160, 1170, Gould Auditorium, 1715, 1725, 1735, 1745, and 2008 (Fine Arts) & 5220 (Staff Training).
- Health Sciences Education Building [HSEB]: 1700 & 1730
- School of Business: CRCC 105, 210
Do I have to use an Apple computer to use Podcast Producer?
No, there is a Web Interface that can be used with any web browser, whether it be on a Windows, OS X, or Linux operating system.
I'm an instructor, how do I sign up to use Podcast Producer?
Enter in your information using our online signup form to request access and setup of Podcast Producer, or if you want a demonstration on the options, features, and how to use the system.