The HP Designjet T2300, located at the Student Computing Services (SCS) desk on Level 2, prints on semigloss paper up to 42" wide. To print, bring your file to the SCS desk as a JPEG or TIFF on a flash drive. The image should be set to your desired resolution and dimensions, with at least one side that is less than or equal to 41.6", to account for .2" margins.
|Service||Students, staff, faculty||Other patrons|
|Printing||$3 per square foot||$5 per square foot|
|Scanning||$3 per scan||$5 per scan|
|Copying||Print cost only||Print cost only|
Saving from Microsoft PowerPoint
- Go to the Design tab > Page Setup (Windows) or the File menu > Page Setup (OS X) to set the width and height of your poster.
- If necessary, resize your document to fit the page.
- Go to File > Save As. Under Save as type (Windows) or Format (OS X), select PDF.
- Open the PDF in Adobe Photoshop and follow the instructions below to save it as a JPEG or TIFF.
Saving from Adobe Photoshop
- With the document open, go to Image > Image Size. Verify that the width, height, and resolution are correct. Click OK.
- Go to File > Save As. Under Format, select JPEG or TIFF. Choose a location and file name for your file and click Save. Click OK on the default save settings.
To scan, bring the document to be scanned to the SCS desk. The T2300 can scan a document up to 36" wide at up to 600 dpi. There is no length limitation, but it must be a loose, unbound document. You can save a scanned document to your flash drive as a TIFF, JPEG, or PDF file. Alternatively, you can print the scanned document for the cost of printing (the scanning charge will be waived).