The Gould Auditorium can only be scheduled for Library sponsored events and University sponsored events. The Gould Auditorium cannot be scheduled for use by groups or individuals outside the University of Utah.
The Use Fee for the Gould Auditorium is $250.00 per event/day. This fee covers our costs for set up, including setup of in-room equipment, coordination and wear and tear on furnishings and equipment. There are additional fees for audiovisual recording and custom AV technical support. Additional charges may be assessed following an event.
A billable chart field must be provided to the Marriott Library before a reservation can be confirmed. The Marriott Library reserves the right to cancel an event if payment cannot be arranged prior to the scheduled time.
When scheduling a reservation please provide the following:
- Name and phone number of contact
- Event title
- Date of event
- Time frame for event
- Anticipated number of attendees and setup style
- Lecture Style + number of attendees (Max 193)
- U Shaped Board Table +number of attendees (Max 40)
- O Shaped Board Table +number of attendees (Max 40)
- Banquet Style (6’ Round Tables) +number of attendees (Max 128)
- Custom setup requires supplemental e-ticket to the Facilities Group with additional information.
- Number of catering tables required if applicable. The guest seating arrangement may limit the number of catering tables permitted.
- Catering contact if applicable. Marriott Library staff cannot meet caterers for coordination and cannot sign for goods or services.
- You may use the caterer of your choice.
- Only tables and chairs are included in your reservation.
- Linens and serving equipment are not provided.
- Audiovisual recording and custom AV technical support are available for additional fees and must be coordinated 2 weeks in advance of the event date. A description of AV equipment available in the room can be found in the equipment tab.
- Please provide a description of furnishings or equipment being provided by third party vendors for an event and the schedule of their delivery and installation.
- Decorations or modifications to the Gould Auditorium should be limited to temporary decorations that do not require mounting objects from the ceiling or walls using implements or adhesives, including tape. 3M command products are permitted but are not provided by the library.
- Sales in the Gould Auditorium must be approved by the Associate Dean for Scholarly Resources & Collections
- Events must begin and conclude within the posted library hours. Check Library hours for breaks and holiday hours prior to scheduling an event.
- Any event that extends beyond posted library hours will be subject to a $50.00 charge per hour or partial hour past closing.
- If the event is canceled less than 24 hours before the scheduled time will result in a full charge of $250
- To maintain quality service and ensure that the Gould Auditorium can be cleaned and prepared for each event there is only one event per day and one per weekend.
Equipment in the Gould Auditorium
The Gould Auditorium has the following AV equipment installed in the room, which is available for your use.
One of our technicians will be on hand to provide assistance with operating this equipment.
Wireless Lavalier Microphone
Wireless Handheld Microphone
Podcast recorder (requires a Podcast Producer Account to avoid technician fees)
Additional equipment and services are available for a fee and when you notify us of your need for them. Please see the fees tab for additional information.
Technical Support Fees
Use the Request for Event Assistance form at least two weeks in advance of your event. Cost per hour is rounded to the nearest half hour.
|Software Modifications (requires two weeks advanced notice)||$95 per hour|
|Non-Technical Setup including setup of in-room AV equipment||$25 per hour|
|Room Audiovisual Equipment||No Charge|
|Additional Equipment (use the Request for Event Assistance)||Market Price|
|Rent the Library Upright Piano||$25|