Course Reserves - Faculty
- In Accordance with University of Utah Policy 7-013 "Copying of Copyrighted Works," reserve requests must be made through the library's online form. The online form will provide fair use questions which must be answered for book chapters and works the library does not own a copy of. Faculty must resubmit fair use evaluations annually.
- Submit requests to Reserve at least six weeks in advance of the semester to ensure that the material will be available to your students on the first day of classes.
- Electronic Reserve scanning requests must include the citation and copyright information. Items of unknown origin cannot be scanned for electronic reserve.
- Content cannot be removed in order to post additional content from the same source.
- Class textbooks will be purchased for Reserve at your request.
- Media (DVD, VHS, CD) can be placed on Reserve.
- Streaming Media requests must be done through Suggest a Purchase.
- Course Reserve lists are updated every 24 hours.
- At the end of each semester, all materials will be removed from Reserve.
- Student papers require written authorization from the student in order to be posted on eReserve.