- Karren E. Nichols
- Sustainability Coordinator
- Send email
- Green Building Facts
- Greening the Marriott Library: Moving towards sustainability ...
- Hooked on Books
- Recycling at the Marriott Library
- Upcoming Events
- What U can do
- Just Fill It! Water Bottle Filling Stations & Exhibit
- Print Alternatives & Smart Printing Exhibit
- The Paper Project: The Life Cycle of Paper Exhibit
Greening the Marriott Library
Green Book of the Month:
In 2008, the J. Willard Marriott Library formed a Green Committee (made up of library faculty and staff) to implement green initiatives identified in the library’s Green Task Force Report and to make future recommendations for the greening of the library.
Since then, the Green Committee has participated in sustainability related pilot programs, the creation of the University's Energy & Environmental Stewardship Initiative: Climate Action Plan 2010, and student projects through the Sustainable Campus Initiative Fund (SCIF), MUSE Project (My U. Student Experience), and Re-Imagine the Plaza.
Reflecting the library’s overarching mission to inspire the creation, discovery, and use of knowledge for Utah and the world, the Green Committee leads the way in supporting the university-wide commitment to sustainability.