What to Donate
- Books: hardbacks and paperbacks all subjects
- Audio-visual materials: CD's, DVD's, LP's
What Not to Donate
- Books in poor condition (water damage, mold, falling apart, etc.)
- Out-of-date reference material
How to Donate
- Smaller donations may be brought directly to the Marriott Library entrance desks on levels 1 and 3 or to Collection Services in room 3200.
- For larger donations, please call 801-581-6856 to make arrangements.
- Gifts can be picked up from lower campus locations.
- We do not make pickups from upper or off-campus locations.
- Donations mailed to the library will not have their shipping costs reimbursed.
- Is tax deductible.*
- Will be acknowledged if you provide your name and address when you make your gift.
- Will be reviewed and either added to the library's collections or sent to the Marriott Library Book Sale. There is no guarantee that donated items will be added to the library collection. All donated material is property of the Marriott Library.
*All gifts are tax deductible, but the library is not permitted to give a statement of value because the IRS considers it an interested party. Donors should keep a record of how many items are given so they can estimate a value. If you think your gift is valued at more than $5,000, it must be appraised by an independent appraiser before arriving at the library.