- Judy Jarrow
- Program Manager, Special Collections
- Send email
The Friends of the J. Willard Marriott Library, University of Utah, announce the opening of the 2013 grant competition.
The goal of the Annual Friends of the Library Research Grant is to promote scholarly research utilizing the outstanding resources of the Special Collections Department at the J. Willard Marriott Library.
The $3,500 fellowship grant will be awarded by the Friends of the Library to a qualified applicant desiring to use the resources of the Marriott Library's Special Collections Department to research topics suitable and relevant to the collections. The Special Collections Department consists of several divisions housing a wide variety of unique and valuable research materials:
- The Manuscript/Multimedia Divisions hold approximately 2,000 manuscript and 1,800 photograph and audio/visual collections emphasizing Utah and Utahns;
- The Western Americana Division features books, maps, periodicals, and newspapers on Utah and the Intermountain region;
- The Rare Books/Book Arts Division has assembled over 35,000 rare books and maps, and one of the finest Book Arts collections in the country;
- The Aziz S. Atiya Middle East Library, one of the largest in the United States, covers material ranging from rare papyrus, manuscript, and paper documents dating from as early as the 9th century AD to modern Middle East publications.
Grant Application Form (pdf)