Friends of the Marriott Library
For more than 40 years the Friends of the Marriott Library have helped the Marriott Library serve the University of Utah and our Intermountain community. The Friends have helped the library to acquire important collection materials and to encourage others to enjoy and appreciate the excellent materials and resources of the library through a series of annual events. The Friends also have developed a fund to support an annual research grant to encourage scholars' use of the special resources of the Marriott Library’s Special Collections holdings.
The J. Willard Marriott Library and
the Friends of the Library
Invite you and your guests to attend the
Annual Spring Banquet
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Gould Auditorium, Level 1
J. Willard Marriott Library
The University of Utah
Ruth Watkins, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President Academic Affairs
"Bold Aspirations for the
University of Utah"
Dr. Ruth Watkins is the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at The University of Utah. She joined the U on August 1, 2013, after 20 years in faculty and leadership roles at the University of Illinois, including service as Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education, Vice Provost, and Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Her scholarship focuses on communication development and disabilities, including prevention of disability in populations who are at risk and early childhood stuttering. Her research and training programs have been funded by the National Institutes of Health and the U.S. Department of Education. In her current role as Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. Watkins provides leadership for all academic, admissions, enrollment, and student support units the U.
$45.00 per person/RSVP by April 3, 2015
For reservations and dietary requests, contact:
email@example.com / 801-581-3421
Friends of the Marriott Library Mission
- To provide for enrichment of learning, promote the public welfare and cultural opportunities through library programs.
- To sponsor lectures, informal discussion groups, exhibits, and other means for people to become acquainted and share their enthusiasm for learning, books, and other library media.
- To organize alumni and other friends of the University of Utah to participate in efforts to broaden public understanding and appreciation of the facilities, collections, work, and activities of the Marriott Library.
- To assist in expanding the resources of the library by encouraging monetary gifts, bequests and memorials, and the donation of collections and other library materials.
- To acquire unique publications and to publish significant works based on unusual holdings in possession of the Marriott Library.
Friends of the Marriott Library Board 2014-2015
Marsha Irwin, Chair
Gregory Thompson, Treasurer/Library Advisor
Alberta Comer, Dean of the J. Willard Marriott Library
Program Manager, Special Collections