In coordination with the Office of the Vice President for Research and University of Utah College Deans, two researchers will be selected from each college to be honored at the CELEBRATE U event.
These two selected researchers are excellent representations of researchers in a College during the 2017 calendar year and are willing to be the face of the College in promotional materials throughout the coming year. Since CELEBRATE U is a showcase,
Selection Considerations may include:
- Outstanding research during the calendar year 2017 in the form of expenditures on grants, successful grant applications (funding received), or unique research contributions in their disciplines
- Ability to communicate easily and effectively in writing or verbally to the public about their research
- Willingness to have their names, pictures, and research highlighted in publications, social media, UofU news websites and newsletters, etc.
- Faculty member is a Principal Investigator or Co-Principal Investigator
- Must have been employed full-time by the University of Utah in 2017
- Must currently hold any tenure-line or career-line faculty rank or status
- May currently work in any department or interdisciplinary academic program
Selections must be received by Monday, Feb 5, 2018.
If you have questions about your inclusion in the list of honorees, please send an email to Abbeylin Farnsworth.